Friday, November 6, 2009

A House Divided


A House Divided

Posted using ShareThis

I love vampires, I really do. I persisted with Anne Rice's series as far as The Vampire Armand, but Lestat's ever increasing Mary-Sueperpowers got on my goat so much that I gave up. I enjoyed the Victorian spookiness of Dracula and Barbara Hambly's Those Who Hunt the Night and Travelling With the Dead, and the quirky Southern weirdness of Poppy Z. Brite's Lost Souls. I've watched everything from late night SBS vampire lesbian erotica to The Lost Boys and enjoyed them all.


BUT-

Werewolves. What can I say? I don't know what it is about them, they're just sexy as Hell. I'm a big fan of the Kelley Armstrong books featuring the female werewolf Elena (and I just found out that there's at least one more about her I haven't read yet. Joy!) and it occurs to me that I haven't read much else in the way of werewolf fiction. There just doesn't seem to be as much of it around as there are vampire stories. Well, I guess it's time to investigate what's out there!

I'd be grateful for any recommendations.

Photo by Jelaga.

Edit:PS, check out this nifty progress meter from Write Or Die. Must get back to my Nano!

No comments: