Friday, December 3, 2010

Oh Me of Little Faith


Having been convinced for most of November that I would never get my novel finished in time I finished with a day to spare. The same thing happened last year. For some reason I can never quite believe in myself when I'm about halfway through. I don't suppose it matters whether I think I can do it or not as long as I keep typing just the same. I just need to accept that self doubt is a necessary part of the process.

This year's book is an as-yet untitled detective novel set in Brisbane, Australia. I plan on editing it, but I'm going to let it lie fallow for a month or so first. In the meantime I have more short stories to be getting on with now that I have time to think of things other than novelling.

Congratulations to everyone who took part in the Nano journey with me, whether you got to 50k, or beyond, or only a couple of hundred words. If you enjoyed Nano and learned from it the time certainly wasn't wasted.

Now, let there be chocolate for the Novelist!

No comments: