Sunday, December 30, 2012

Happy New Year!

I plan to be busy tonight and tomorrow, so I'm going to wish everyone a Happy New Year slightly in advance. My mother tells me that that is bad luck but I'm not superstitious.

It's been an eventful year for me with unfortunately not as much happening on the writing front as I'd intended, but hopefully that will change in 2013. Life will always get in the way of writing, so I will just have to keep trying to work around it as best I can.

In other news, apparently Sarah Waters has been honoured with the Freedom of the City of London, which means she can walk about the city with a drawn sword, herd her sheep over London bridge and, if she should be convicted of a capital offence be hanged with a silken rope. Lucky her! I must read some more of her books. I loved Fingersmith, Tipping the Velvet and Affinity but there is more out there. So many books, so little time!

Anyway, Happy New Year everyone! May 2013 bring you happiness and good books!

No comments: